Wise words for parents of HS kids......
Got this from a friend of mine who spent many a year at the scorers table at high school sporting events.
Great words to live by.
Puts things into perspective for parents with high school age children.
It’s broken into two lists. One today, one tomorrow.
A. Having a High School Child
1. Let your child decide which activity they want.
2. Support your child on whatever activity they chose.
3. Support your child’s teammates, equally in whatever activity they chose.
4. Do not put unnecessary pressure on your child to excel. They have enough pressure on them as is.
5. Not only talk to your child, but more importantly listen to what they have to say. They are smarter than you give them credit for.
6. Be there for your child no matter what happens.
7. Do not butt into your child’s problems. Let them fight their own battles.
8. Let your child enjoy their High School years. They are four of the best year of their lives.
9. Do not expect more out of your child’s HS activity then what it is. Just a HS activity, not college and not professional.
10. Let you kids be kids. Key word here is kids; 14-18 years old, not 25-30 years old.
11. Act like a grown-up at your child’s activity, you set the example.